Introduction to Traditional Kumite
Your Path to Olympic Karate
Learn the fundamentals of WKF-style kumite.
In this course, you will be introduced to the basic scoring system of traditional, WKF-style kumite. Whether you are looking to transition into this style of fighting from another discipline, or you are a current practitioner looking to sharpen your game on the fundamentals of WKF-style kumite, this course builds the necessary foundation in your journey to become a world-class kumite fighter.
David Muhammad began his martial arts training at the age of three. Under the guidance of his father, Kyoshi Rudolph Muhammad, he has been able to grow as both a practitioner and teacher of the art. An avid competitor, David has been a member of the US Karate Team and AmeriKick World Competition Team.
- 5th Degree Black Belt Chung Do Kwan Tae Kwon Do (Integrity Martial Arts Academy- Kyoshi Rudolph Muhammad)
- 5th Degree Black Belt Shotokan Karate (International MartialArts Association- Hanshi Cyrus Madani)
- 2017 Pan American Championships, Curacao, Team Member (+84 kg)
- 2016 US Open, Las Vegas, Nevada, Bronze Medal (+84kg)
- 2015 North American Cup, Las Vegas, Nevada, Team Member (+84kg)
- 2014 North American Cup, Vancouver, Canada, Team Member (-84 kg)
- 2014 Pan American Championships, Lima, Peru, Team Member (-84 kg)
- Former Member of Amerikick World Competition Team
StartThe Tatami Area (0:40)
StartAttire, Gear & Judges (0:53)
Start6 Criteria of Scoring Part 1: Good Form (1:17)
Start6 Criteria of Scoring Part 2: Sporting Attitude (0:52)
Start6 Criteria of Scoring Part 3: Vigorous Application (1:03)
Start6 Criteria of Scoring Part 4: Awareness (1:04)
Start6 Criteria of Scoring Part 5: Good Timing (0:57)
Start6 Criteria of Scoring Part 6: Correct Distance (1:30)